Priority Setting, Monitoring and Evaluation (PME Cell)
Research priority setting, monitoring and evaluation (PME) is an effective tool to assist research managers for priority focussed research resource allocations, relevance, monitoring and evaluation of research projects and accountability of the system
- To coordinate and synthesize the recommendations of QRT, RAC, IRC, Vision documents of the Institute and ICAR to recommend research priorities of the institution for shortlisting priority researchable problems across crop(s)/divisions/programmes/commodity/livestock, etc. (Priority Setting)
- Annual updating and presenting the report to the director of the institution for assigning research projects
- To coordinate and arrange for annual monitoring of each on-going project and evaluation of the completed [projects through internal and external experts.
- To coordinate and arrange for technology validation and/or impact assessment of successful technology claimed by scientist(s) through internal and external experts.
- Regularly sensitizing and capacity building of research managers and scientists through training programmes.
- Maintaining a database of all publications, technologies developed, IPRs, consultancies, projects undertaken in past 10 years and on-going projects.